Me (to English department): "... And that's why although "Titus Andronicus" appears to deploy an unremarkable power dynamic rooted in a gender binary, the play cleverly subverts and complicates those opposing forces in ways long overlooked in its critical appraisal."
Me (to barber): uh, like a "normal cut" I guess, like half as long or something? I'm not sure what you mean by "shape."
uspol, Nazi Punching (+) Show more
Boost if you would gladly pay one US dollar in order to punch a Nazi https://boingboing.net/2018/09/07/nazi-puncher-fined-1.html
mental health Show more
What are some things you do to mitigate or manage S.A.D. apart from prescribed medication?
racism Show more
George H. W. Bush said of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: “The new civil rights act was passed to protect 14 percent of the people, I’m also worried about the other 86 percent.”
"All lives matter" turns out to be a really old argument.
Thread: a really cool thing that students have told me about this term are "feminitives"—or basically just feminine endings on nouns. Russophone femininsts draw attention to women in non-traditional roles by ADDING feminine endings to words that don't usually have them.
e.g. vrach (doctor), vrachika (female doctor).
It's fascinating to me that this is the exact OPPOSITE of Anglophone feminist linguistic strategies. 1/
hey one of the best accounts on here moved to her own instance !@gazelle follow her! now!!!!
writer: horror/sff & criticism.
mulchsack left. most likely to be mad online, class of 2000.
General Communism, writing, and shitposts.